Proposal 3 is Wasteful
- Wastes city tax dollars
- The cost of holding special elections to decide building height questions would cost well over $20,000 each
- Makes wasteful the time, effort and money of the City Staff and Community who took the time to create the current zoning rules.
- Makes wasteful our representative democratic process
- The State Zoning Enabling Act is clear that zoning issues are to follow a long term planning process administered by our appointed /elected commissioners.
- Proposal 3 will completely circumvent that public democratic process making the planning decisions of locally elected officials null and void.
- Wastes the time of anyone looking to invest in our downtown
- Proposal 3 will waste the time and money of anyone looking to invest in our downtown requiring them to go through an unnecessary costly bureaucratic process.